What a St Swithin’s computer scientist looks like.
These ideas have been developed and agreed with the children in our school. These are the behaviours and characteristics we believe a St Swithin’s computer scientist looks like. We are computer scientists!
Every child should: -
- Show awareness of computer equipment and be confident when using it across the curriculum.
- Design content and present information.
- Understand and use databases.
- Develop their understanding of how coding works, building up to designing and creating simple programs with increasing complexity.
- Understand the importance of e-safety. They should know how to keep safe and behave acceptably online.
- Use a variety of equipment to communicate ideas.