What a St Swithin’s designers looks like.
These ideas have been developed and agreed with the children in our school. These are the behaviours and characteristics we believe a St Swithin’s designer looks like. We are designers!
Every child should: -
Begin to use a range of techniques to prepare food, understanding the basic rules of food hygiene.
- Be able to conduct research, identifying ideas, trends and possible needs.
- Be able to produce a design that matches the brief and is purposeful or functional.
- Be able to plan an order of work, demonstrating the ability to select appropriate materials and tools.
- Develop their ability to use their research, design and plan to create a pleasing piece of design.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate at every stage of the design process.
- Cooperate effectively with others.
- Understand the origins of food and how it arrives on our plate.