What a St Swithin’s historian looks like.
These ideas have been developed and agreed with the children in our school. These are the behaviours and characteristics we believe a St Swithin’s historian looks like. We are historians!
Every child should: -
- Be curious about the past and understand how people lived in previous times.
- Build up their knowledge and understanding of people, events and historical periods.
- Think critically about historical evidence from a range of sources, critically evaluating it for accuracy and correctness.
- Communicate thoughts, developing the ability to describe significant features from time periods, dates and specialist terms using appropriate historical terminology.
- Develop their understanding of chronology and begin to identify when certain historical periods took place, placing them on a timeline.
- Be able to plan and carry out investigations and complete fieldwork.
There was an error processing this content (the page or topic was not found).