What a St Swithin’s musician looks like.
These ideas have been developed and agreed with the children in our school. These are the behaviours and characteristics we believe a St Swithin’s musician looks like. We are musicians!
Every child should: -
- Listen to, appreciate and critically evaluate an increasingly wide range of musical genres.
- Develop their understanding of the cultural origins of music.
- Develop a wide repertoire of musical tastes.
- Perform with increasing ability and enjoyment, evaluating their performance in order to improve.
- Understand musical terminology – tempo, pitch, dynamics, rhythms and timbre.
- Develop musical expression and passion.