What a St Swithin’s Scientist looks like.
These ideas have been developed and agreed with the children in our school. These are the behaviours and characteristics we believe a St Swithin’s scientist looks like. We are scientists!
Every child should: -
- Develop the ability to think independently, developing their understanding and asking questions of increasing complexity.
- Be able to complete investigations, experimenting, gathering data and reporting their findings in a variety of ways.
- Be able to choose equipment, plan and carry out investigations and enquiries as well as undertake field work.
- Show a good level of scientific knowledge, skills and understanding.
- Build a strong scientific vocabulary, utilizing it in all scientific activities.
- Develop a broad knowledge of scientists and their impact upon society and the world.
SCIENCE HAS TAKEN A WONDERFUL JOURNEY THIS YEAR WITH OUR SUCCESS BEING RECOGNISED WITH A WELL DESERVED PSQM AWARD WHICH WE HOLD FOR THE COMING THREE YEARS.
OUR SCHOOL CO ORDINATOR MRS HAMILTON WAS PROUD TO RECEIVE THE AWARD ON BEHALF OF SCHOOL.
WATCH OUT FOR OUR NEW BIRD WATCHING NEWS AND RSPB VISIT.....
There was an error processing this content (the page or topic was not found).